With Gasm you can automatically post to Twitter and you can set yourself the frequency and the type of posts.
- Post every X hours a random piece of content.
- Post whenever a sale has been made.
- Post whenever you have referred a new fan.
In order to get started you will need to connect your Gasm account to Twitter and authorize Gasm to post on your behalf. These are the steps you need to take in order to do so:
Step 1 - Create an APP
Visit: https://apps.twitter.com/ and click on the top right of the screen "Create new APP"
Step 2 - Request a developers account
Simply make sure you're logged in the right account and click "continue" at the bottom of the page.
Step 3 - Fill in some basic details
Step 4 - Fill in the form.
Feel free to use this text to put in the text box:
1. I'm using the twitter API for promotional purposes.
2. I plan to post content from my site to my twitter feed automatically.
3. I won't be spamming my timeline, I'll only set it to make it useful for the end user. I'll set it to a maximum of 1 tweet per hour to prevent any annoying end-user activities.
4. I'll make sure to follow all the twitter community rules and guidelines.
Step 5 - Accept the terms and conditions.
Scroll and tick the checkbox to confirm.
Step 6 - Confirm your email address with twitter.
Once you confirm your email address you'll be able to create the "app" to connect Gasm to Twitter and post promotial tweets automatically.
Step 7 - Fill in the APP details
On this page you'll be asked a few details. Please fill in the following fields:
- Name: Gasm APP
- Description: Gasm app to post to twitter
- Website: https://www.nowebsite.com
You will also have to agree to the developer agreement and click "Create your twitter application" in order to finalize.
Step 3 - Grab your keys and access tokens
Once you've sucesfully passed trough Step 2 you come to a page where you can see several tabs. Locate the tab that says: "Keys and access tokens" and click it.
Step 4 - Create your access token
Scroll down to the bottom of the keys and access tokens page and locate the button that says "Create my access token" at the bottom.
Step 5 - Grab your connection data
Once the access token has been created you will need to copy 4 fields of data and place them in your account settings in order to finalize your automatic twitter promotion.
You need to locate 4 different items:
- Consumer Key (API Key)
- Consumer Secret (API Secret)
- Access Token
- Access Token Secret
Copy these fields into your settings here and you are all set!